EFFECTIVE DATE: July 2, 2018
This Policy covers the information we collect about you when you access our Sites or attend our events.
Being transparent is important to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not accept this Policy, you should not access or use our Sites, use our Services or otherwise interact with any other aspect of our business.
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address. We may collect personal identification information in several ways, including from visitors to our Sites, and attendees at our conferences (collectively, “Users”). These ways include when Users visit our Sites, register on our Sites, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and about other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. We will collect Personal Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities. Please note that some jurisdictions, such as the EU, define Personal Information more broadly.
Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. We and our third-party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information from you including your browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We and our third-party service providers may also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other person, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the number of visitors we have in a state.
Web browser cookies
IP Addresses. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever Users visit the Sites, along with the time(s) of such visit(s) and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites
How we use collected information
PerformLine may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- For the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., to provide requested documents to you and contact you)
- To respond to your problems and comments
- To permit you to participate in our conferences and webinars
- To inform you of product, programs, services and promotions that may be of interest to you
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our Services, etc.
- To personalize User experience
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to PerformLine and COMPLY Conferences. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites:
- To improve our Sites
- To improve our products and services
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information stored on our Sites.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Sites and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How Is Personal Information Disclosed?
We may disclose Personal Information:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing and other similar services to enable them to provide services. For example, we may use third party analytics services, and they may place cookies on your computer and record data about your Site usage on our behalf. For a list of third-party service providers who provide these services go here.
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation about any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process including where we are required to disclose User’s information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
Opt-Out. If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, or if you would prefer that we do not share Personal Information about you on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails or from such sharing by sending an email containing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than thirty (30) days after a request from an EU data subject. For your protection, we will only implement opt-out requests with respect to the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such affiliates, please contact such affiliates directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
Accessing, Changing or Suppressing Personal Information. If you would like to access, change, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by sending an email containing your request to email@example.com . PerformLine acknowledges that EU and Swiss individuals have the right to access the Personal Information that we maintain about them. An EU or Swiss individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his query to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. If you’re located in the EU, scroll down to see any additional rights you may have. In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or suppressed or clearly indicate the limitations you wish to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed therefrom.
Note Regarding the Use of the Sites by Children: The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Special Data Protections for EU Data Subjects. As of May 25, 2018, the General Data Privacy Regulation (“GDPR”) affords additional rights to EU data subjects. Those rights include the right to complain to EU Supervisory Authorities and the right to access, correct and delete certain personal data processed by PerformLine by visiting our EU data subject access request page. Moreover, with respect to EU data subjects, Personal Information includes pseudonymous data such as an IP address, a mobile advertising ID or a cookie ID. We process certain Personal Information provided by Users under contractual necessity. For example, we require the billing details of our Users located in the EU to process payment for conferences. We collect contact details from EU data subjects via our Sites with consent and ask for consent for our Sites to place cookies onto EU desktops. Where consent is our legal basis for processing, we endeavor to make it just as easy to withdraw consent as it is to provide consent. Where PerformLine receives from an EU data subject a request to cease processing of data via one of the choice mechanisms listed above, PerformLine will stop all data processing with respect to the opted-out browser or device unless such processing is required by law. The retention period for data from EU data subjects will be based on the specific data collected and the purpose of processing such data.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Sites, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Sites. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
58 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960